The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
|About this job:
To strengthen our team from end of May onwards or earlier, we are looking for a
Project Manager Membership
- Most important aims are to position the German Chamber in the Chinese and German market as an important partner for foreign companies in China, to take care of and retain existing members as well as to increase the amount of new members.
- Act as a first contact person for all concerns of our members from Shanghai and the neighboring provinces. Close coordination with the other departments in the office is therefore required to maintain a professional handling.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementation and controlling of all ongoing projects.
- Show diplomatic sensitiveness in handling clients, especially official departments.
- Assure that issues are handled within the shortest possible time-frame by following the guidelines of the office management and acting on own initiative to achieve best results.
- Support for other German Chamber projects as needed.
- Management of the member database such as entering new member`s data, amendments and completion of member data, controlling of membership fee payments.
- Sending out renewal letters and follow-up with payment notices and invoices, in coordination with the membership team.
- Handling a wide range of membership inquiries and requests related to joining, renewing, payment, problems, visa benefits, as well as events and other services. Therefore the person in this position has to manage the screening, forwarding and reply of incoming calls and emails, and especially has the responsibility for the chamber email account email@example.com. Also, the person in this position has to constantly try to improve the processes and services for the members of the Chamber.
- Organization and execution of the distribution of various publications (e.g. GC Ticker, Annual Report…) and materials (especially membership cards, including responsibility for printing process and distribution to several contact persons per member company) to the members.
- Implementation and maintenance of the planned “Online Business Directory” and the planned CRM Tool.
- Support for the acquisition of new members.
- Organizing the supply of office materials.
- The person in this position supports all processes and tasks at hand in the daily business of the Chamber if needed, especially the administrative follow-up on the acquisition of Yearly Sponsors.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, German is a plus.
- A high degree of quality- and service-orientation is needed.
- Flexible, self-motivated and responsible.
- Problem-solving ability: The person in this position must be able to take the initiative to solve problems within the scope of the role. If escalation is required, the person in this position must take ownership and ensure resolution of the problem.
- Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to work independently will be required to achieve individual tasks. Team work will be required for working together in order to achieve important deadlines.
- The person in this position should raise ideas and suggestions for improvements for the role, the department and the business.
- The person in this position needs to maintain regular contact with individual colleagues, members, clients, suppliers etc. who influence the achievement of best results.