|About this job:
The candidate would be an Investment Manager of DEG Beijing Office, focusing on deal sourcing and processing, reporting to the Office Head.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Undertake marketing and deal origination, strongly using his/her own network of private contacts, intermediaries, companies, individuals etc.;
- Participate as a member of the deal team, with limited supervision, in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of loan and equity transactions in a variety of industries in China. This includes all phases of the deal cycle; the candidate should be able to lead and manage the deal team, which includes intensive communication with both Head Office staff and / or colleagues from other DEG Offices in Asia;
- Perform financial analysis, sector analysis and due diligence; liaise with local law firms;
- Prepare and present investment proposals for DEG’s internal decision making process (Clearance in Principle, Due Diligence report, negotiation of contracts and collateral documents);
- Monitor investments and perform portfolio management; this may also include representation of DEG on the board of directors of DEG’s investee companies.
Your personal qualifications include:
- A good and relevant degree from a leading university in the country of education or chartered accountancy degree;
- Strong financial skills and understanding, generally gained from 5 years or more of relevant experience in a major merchant/investment bank or commercial bank or internationally renowned accountancy firm in China;
- Experience in international long-term financing and/or project financing (ideally in infrastructure, financial or industrial sectors);
- Financial modelling skills;
- The business maturity to look beyond the data to prepare and justify key decisions based on rigorous analysis of company financial information;
- The ability to work well within the DEG team in Beijing
- Thorough understanding of investment and financial analysis in the Chinese context and their application in investment decisions and deal structuring;
- Marketing skills based on a sound network of contacts in the Loan & Private equity / investment community in China and proven ability to identify good quality deals;
- Sound decision-making skills and problem resolution.
- MS Office skill, ideally knowledge of SAP software applications;
- Good presentation skills;
- Fluency in English (all reports will be drafted in English language)
The candidate should be a Chinese native speaker and Chinese citizen. This job requires traveling.