The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Taipei represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany, focusing on the promotion of bilateral trade and investment. They work in close cooperation with the German Chamber of Commerce in China and the German Industry and Commerce Greater China Co. Ltd. to provide support for German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
- Work with different government institutions as well as other stakeholders such as think tanks, business associations, non-governmental organizations, universities and research companies to develop and cultivate an extensive network
- Monitor the investment and trade developments in China e.g. on the progress of the reform policy and focal areas of economic policy, new initiatives for international cooperation such as OBOR), achieve essential knowledge on current programmes and projects, and collect information on the chances, challenges and participation possibilities for German companies
- Represent the organization at trade and industry forums and events
- Achieve essential knowledge on the Chinese NGO law and its implementation in close co-operation with relevant governmental institutions
- Assess and gain extensive understanding of relevant bilateral and regional investment and trade agreements (e.g. EU-China Investment Agreement)
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the Delegate of German Industry and Commerce
- Bachelor or Master degree in Politics, Economics, Law, Sociology or another academic field relevant for this position
- Ideally come from a Government Affairs, government or consulting background
- At least 5 years of working experience
- Solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, economic, societal and legal framework conditions in China
- Chinese native speaker, fluent in either English or German, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity and in-depth knowledge of how to approach government institutions in China
- Organized and able to work independently
|| above 5 years
|How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please send your application to “email@example.com” in English or German. Please insert the title “Government Affairs Director” in the subject line and attach all relevant application documents (CV, motivation letter including salary expectation, university certificates, employer references etc.) in one small size pdf file.
We are looking forward to your application!