The Delegations of German Industry and Commerce in Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Taiwan represent the Association of German Chambers of Industry (DIHK) and Commerce in Greater China and are part of the global network of German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHK). On behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany, they represent the overall economic interests of Germany.
The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce Shanghai – works closely together with the German Chamber of Commerce in China Shanghai (GCC) and the German Industry & Commerce Shanghai (GIC) – together, they are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in the Greater Shanghai region and provide support to German enterprises and their local partners.
|About this job:
To support the Delegation’s tasks and activities in Shanghai we are currently looking for an experienced
Director Government Affairs
- Develop and cultivate an extensive network in Shanghai and its surrounding provinces with Chinese government institutions and other stakeholders, think-tanks, business associations, non-governmental organizations, research institutions as well as local and international press.
- Compile regular analysis, strategy papers and talking points that will aid the overall organization in its mission to support and further Sino-German trade and investment relations. Proactively provide input for any necessary reporting obligations to stakeholders in Germany such as the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK), Ministry of Economic Affairs, the IHK Network and others.
- Proactively monitor relevant legislation and Sino-German/European investment and trade developments in China and in particular in Shanghai and the surrounding provinces according to the region of the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce Shanghai
- Proactively develop a schedule for key governmental meetings/events that serve to heighten the overall impact of the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Shanghai; offer support to Delegate of German Industry and Commerce for any German and Chinese high-level delegations.
- Serve as a facilitator between German companies and the Chinese government
- Work closely with the GCC, e.g. in regards to economic analysis and media communication related enquiries. Work closely with the GIC, support the establishment and implementation of the new “German Desk” services
- Represent the organization at industry forums and events
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned by the Delegate of Industry and Commerce in Shanghai
- Native Chinese speaker, excellent command of English (both verbal and written), German is a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree (Economics, Law, International Relations, Politics, Journalism or related fields), with at least 5 years of related experience
- Ideally with government affairs background, additional work experience in media and communications also a plus
- Excellent communication skills, proven leadership ability, diplomatic sensitivity, a solid network and a strong understanding of the political, legal and economic and societal structures of both, China and Germany/EU.
- Outstanding research, translation, and proofreading skills to ensure outputs are of exceptional quality
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with strict deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently and on weekends, as necessary
- Position requires some travel within in China and occasional overseas travel
|| above 5 years
|How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and complete resume in German/English with salary requirements and earliest availability to the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org